Log In
Login with using your social network account
Password :
Log In
Legal Dictionary
  • F-1 Visa
F-1 Visa
An F1 Visa is issued to international student wishing to pursue academic studies and/or language training program at a United States college or university. An applicant for a US student Visa must come to the United States to pursue an academic program in an institution recognized by the United States government. The foreign citizen must be a full time student, and can stay in the United States for as long as he/she is enrolled in school. The F-1 student Visa is normally issued at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the student’s home country. Foreign students may enter the United States multiple times if they hold a valid F1 Student Visa. While on an F1 Visa a student may work on campus, apply for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) to gain work experience in their field of study, and take advantage of Optional Practical Training (OPT). Many students obtaining a bachelor or master's degree in the United States go on to be sponsored by their employer for an H1B Work Visa.